1. Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures and follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personally identifiable information sent to our Website, both during transmission and afterwards. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
However, despite our efforts to maintain the confidentiality and security of your account, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is completely secure. Although we make every effort to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
2. Personal Information We Will Collect
When you register an account with us, we may collect your name and email address. You will also be asked to create a login, as well as a password for your account.
If you purchase a subscription, you will also be asked to provide your first and last name, address, and bank account number or credit card or information (including your three digit security number).
We may also track how you improve at playing blackjack over time and collect information about those improvements.
We may collect the IP address of your computer in order to enable us to detect unauthorized transactions, better manage website traffic, and to gather other analytics on the Website.
We may also use “cookies,” which are small data files placed and stored on your computer, to help you manage your use of our Website. Cookies are used as follows:
- To recognize you as a regular user;
- To remind us of who you are;
- To estimate our audience size by determining repeat usage of the Website to help target advertisements based on user interests and behavior;
- To track your progress;
- To measure traffic patterns for use as a research tool to understand how our users habits are similar or different from one another; and
- To conduct other research.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, in order to give you the chance to determine whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, some pages of this Website may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
3. Purposes for Which We Will Use Personal Information
Our policy is to collect personal information from you for the following purposes:
- to provide services to you;
- for advertising purposes;
- to generate analytics for the improvement of the Website, and for marketing purposes;
- to promote and market our services to you;
- to maintain a commercial relationship with you and to communicate with you (which may include: advertising, promotions, and account verification);
- to identify your needs and/or preferences;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- as otherwise required by law.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
We do not rent, trade, or share personal information with third parties, except to provide products or services, which you requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may share personal information with third party providers to send newsletters to you or conduct surveys of your feedback on our Website.
- We may share personal information with PayPal for payment processing purposes.
- We may share your personal information if required by law and if we believe that the disclosure is required or necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial or legal process served on our Website.
- We may share personal information if we believe that it is required in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, a potential threat to the physical safety of a third party, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may transfer personal information to a third party entity in the event of an assignment of this Website for any reason. You will be notified via email of any such change in ownership or control of personal information.
- We may share personal information with our legal, financial, and other professional advisors.
- We may share personal information with third parties upon receiving your consent as required by law.
Except as provided above, we will not share any of your information to any third party without permission.
5. Access to Your Personal Information
You can review, update, delete, or correct your personal information on file with us online or in person at any time. To access your personal information, we require a written request, unless you login and update your personal information yourself directly. Upon receipt of any written request, we will take commercially reasonable steps to provide you with the opportunity to access any such information.
If you ever believe that you have been a victim of fraud, please report it to the police and take all available actions to protect yourself. Also, please notify us, so that we can take all possible actions to protect you and the other visitors, registered users, and subscribers.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. In furtherance of this commitment, we restrict the use of our Website to persons eighteen (18) years of age or older. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
8. Contact with You
We may use your email address to contact you from time to time, in order to send notices required by law, to provide information regarding this Website, or to resolve any complaint or suspicious transactions. We also may contact you by telephone for the same reasons. You may at any time choose to unsubscribe (or “opt-out”) of any of our mailings, either by adjusting your membership settings or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Other Legal Notices
11. California Users
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing uses. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at our email address in order to receive information on the categories of customer information that we shared and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you in your email address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
12. International Users
13. Contact Us
14. Effective Date